Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day! Gavin was really into it this year. I made him some heart shaped pancakes with sprinkles for breakfast and he was running around wishing everyone we saw a "Happy Balentines!" Kinda weird, really. I'm not a huge fan of the holiday. Maybe it was the anticipation of all the sugary treats that were in store for him!

He received lots of valentine's from his friends at school and had a great party. He then helped me make dinner for daddy. I attempted to pull out my inner romantic and had a nice candle on the table for our dinner, but Gavin just kept wanting us to sing happy birthday to him so he could blow it out. What can I say.....I tried!



We also did a little "craft time" over the weekend. I found this extremely easy and we had a lot of fun cutting out shapes, creating and painting. Just thought I'd share the recipe. It would be fun around Christmas time making ornaments and such.
Salt Dough:
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
Mix it together, kneed it, then roll it out with a rolling pin and cut out shapes or just start creating. May need to add a little flour if too sticky. Bake it at 250 degrees for about 2 hours. We baked them one day then painted them the next. Warning: Do not eat! Gavin tried - lol!!
1 comment:
You are such a good mom - crafts and heart pancakes! Can I come to you house? :)
Post a Comment