Monday, December 7, 2009

First Turkey, First Haircut


Thanksgiving was a total success (at least I thought so!). I cooked my first turkey and fixin's and no complaints were to be made. We had a great time with the Rogers Family and the kids all had fun strewing the toys everywhere. Even Brendon had fun with the Mr. Potato Head characters! :)
Donnie with the Bird


Caleb

Aubrey and Gavin

On Friday Gavin and I headed for Iowa.....just the two of us. Donnie had to work Black Friday so Gavin and I decided to pay my parents a visit. He traveled perfectly both on the way to and from Iowa. That in itself was a blessing.

Sound asleep with that darn blankie shoved in his mouth!

While in Iowa, Gavin got his first haircut. I debated on cutting it. I absolutely loved his curls in the back but it was becoming a little too mulletesque. :) My mom trimmed it up for him and still kept some of the curls so I am happy. Surprisingly, Gavin did great and sat still for most of the haircut.
Before
During
(this first pic makes me laugh)


After

It was great seeing everyone in Iowa. My sister's youngest, Haley, is getting so big. Gavin was in love with the "baby". He always wanted to know where the baby was and loved sitting in her bouncy seat when she wasn't in it! He also was extremely obsessed with his Aunt "TT". (That is what Gavin calls Tara.) We think he just likes saying the word, but none-the-less it made me happy to see him love on people that he doesn't see very often.

Baby Haley Smilin'


Gavin in the boucy seat!


The trip home went too quickly, but Christmas is just around the corner! This year we will be celebrating the weekend before Christmas at my sister-in-law's new home and then making the trek to Iowa again for Christmas day and weekend. I love the holidays!

2 comments:

rebeccavalentine said...

Gavin's haircut is cute! I love that he sleeps with the blankie in his mouth :) We really want to have you guys over soon. We are finally getting to the point where we can have people over.

Angie said...

Great job on the Turkey! I am sure it was a wonderful meal. Gavin so cracks me up with that blankie!! And I can't believe how big Haley is getting, so cute! I love the Holidays!! :)