We are proud to announce that our 9 month old son finally has teeth!! Gavin's lower left central incisor (bottom front tooth) started peeking thru early last week and this week the lower right one is starting to show. The reason this seems so monumental around our household is because we've been saying the boy has been "teething" since he was 6 months old....no kidding! He showed all the classic signs - drool, chewing on everything, runny nose, etc. They say between 6 months - 1 year is normal, but I was beginning to worry if there were any chompers in there at all! :) So far they haven't given him too much trouble. He occasionally wakes up in the night and cries a little but has always gone back to sleep on his own. Let's hope the eruption of the rest of his teeth goes this smoothly. (I'm not holding my breath!) I will say, it is kind of sad knowing his toothless little grin is becoming extinct. I am becoming very sentimental in my old age. Geez, what am I going to be like when the child finally gets hair?
I had to capture one final toothless smile!
7 comments:
Hmmm...I wonder if you know anything about teeth..."left central incisor!"
I can see why you are going to miss that toothless grin; it is priceless. I am sure his toothed grin will be just as great!!
Congrats little man!
I like having Gavin a few months older than Boston. It gives us a heads up on what to expect. Keep us updated on all the details.
Is Gavin eating any real solids yet like hot dogs/bananas cut up or anything?
Jess, yeah he loves food! I've cut up cooked green beans, carrots, bananas....he loves cheerios and toast (i cut the crust off & cut the piece into 4's). I haven't done hotdogs yet only b/c we don't ever have any around...he's eaten those meat sticks that Gerber makes and likes those so I'm sure he'd love hotdogs. It's kind of fun trying new foods!
Good Job Gavin! Drew was almost 10months before he got his first tooth. I thought the same thing if he had any teeth in there! This opens him up to a whole new world of food!! Yay!!
Yah Gavin! I'm sure he'll have a whole set of chompers before you know it!
Yea, Gavin! Now you'll really be eating some good stuff.
Post a Comment