Gavin survived his first week at his new daycare....Praise God! I have to admit, I prayed a lot about it and felt at peace with our decision to take him to the place he is now but I was still nervous. Gavin has spent the last 5 months at our friend Ashley's house. She has a son of her own that is 13 months and at the time it was very reassuring starting back to work knowing Gavin was in good hands. Ashley has since started working more outside her home so it was time for us to go our separate ways. As sad as I was, I knew this was going to be good for Gavin, and myself, for that matter! I know he will have fun with all the other kids and will eventually adjust to a different schedule - it's still hard! Audrey (the daycare provider) said he was a little "off" his first day there, but today she said he did great. She said the other kids love him! ....so far!
Here's the best part of this whole daycare thing. Stay with me here for a second while I take you back in time......last winter while I was pregnant, I participated in a prenatal yoga class. I met this girl, Heather, who was terrific! We would always stand by each other in class and laugh at how swollen our ankles would be by the end of the night. :) As time went on I found out that Heather and I had the same OB doctor and were planning on delivering at the same hospital. THEN, Donnie and I showed up at our first prenatal class and there was Heather and her husband! We exchanged phone numbers, and email addresses and promised to keep one another updated on the tail end of our pregnancies. We also couldn't wait to compare labor and delivery stories! HA! To make this story short, she had her daughter Aubrey in June. We have since swapped a few pictures and emails but nothing too fancy. Today, however, I get a phone call from her and she leaves me this message saying she just dropped off Aubrey at daycare and there was a new baby there by the name of Gavin, who was about 8 months old!! How crazy is that? She proceeds to tell me that either God wants Gavin and Aubrey to be friends or he wants the two of us to be friends, because our paths keep crossing too many random times! I have to admit - she has a point. Getting that phone call today and knowing she also takes her daughter to Audrey made me feel even more at ease about our decision. She had nothing but positive things to say about Audrey. God is good, eh? His hands are truly orchestrating everything behind the scenes to make things play out as they should.
I'm sure I'll have some good daycare stories unfold as the months progress. To be continued.....:)
Cade Continues
1 week ago
5 comments:
Meghan, God is so good and He is ordaining your steps and every decision you make. It is so neat to see Him place a good friend into your life. Go God!
Miss ya!
I am glad you are at peace with your decision. We, too, are in the middle of praying about that. I hope I am as happy with our decision as you are.
I am sorry I had not visited before; I didn't realize you had a blog. I will be back!
I'd say that is a God thing... Ha Ha, maybe Gavin and Audrey will get married one day... I say that tongue in cheek, of course. God had Richard and I run into one another often too, before we got together, you know at the grocery store, and other places... weird but wonderful how the Lord does that. So looking forward to the "rest of the story."
I love how God accomplishes stuff in only the way that He could!
- katie
More pictures, more pictures, more pictures!
:) love ya, cuz
Post a Comment