Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting


The Rogers Family got to love on Miss Piper Axline these past two days, so I just HAD to post some pictures. Carrie's sitter took vacation this week and between Donnie and I, we were able to help out Carrie & Sam so neither would have to use up any of their vacation days. I watched Piper and Gavin yesterday while Big D stepped up to the plate today. :) I have to admit, Monday went almost too perfectly......the kids napped great both in the morning AND afternoon. Heck Piper took a 3 hour nap! When they were awake, however, they were BUSY. Both are good kids, but neither really know the meaning of "share" or "no". It was rather amusing to me that of all the awesome toys we had sprawled across the living room floor, those kids only wanted THE ONE toy that the other happened to be playing with at that moment. Piper's word of the day was, "no.....no" to Gavin. Pretty funny stuff!


Donnie on the other hand didn't have as smooth of a day as I did but overall it went well he said. I asked him if he was ready to have another baby and he quickly responded with a "I don't think so!".......Two is definitely harder than one (especially since they are only 5 months apart.) We would do it again in a heartbeat, though. It was great getting to spend time with Piper and the kids had a blast. When I stopped by to pick up Donnie today Piper ran to me and gave me the biggest hug. It seriously melted my heart! She loves me! .....or maybe she was just sick of being around all those boys? Either way it made my day. I'm very grateful to have the Axlines so close.


p.s. I only let Piper stand on that chair long enough to take the picture - I promise.


I also had to add one more random pic of my little Gavin who's going to be 9 months next week.

:( It's going too fast.

4 comments:

Angie said...

How fun!! That is so great that you guys live so close to help out. It looks like you all had a great time. Piper and Gavin are so cute together! It is true about the toys, sharing is such a great obstacle in our house too. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks you both a million times from the bottom of our hearts! I'm home with her today and she is just a crazy mess since the moment she woke up. She was also in a terrible terrible temper last night. At one point I thought she was going to hurt herself. I think her eye teeth might be coming in! I have no idea what else it could be. So I think Donnie probably had a taste of this yesterday. God was seriously smiling on you Monday!! Hurry back Beth hurry back!!! LOL. This is HARD work! You guys are my heros for beign willing to care for two at once. Family is awesome. They'll suffer gladly on our behalf.... Please don't ever move away!!!!

Jenny said...

oh my goodness. That is great you did that Meghan... it looks like you had fun but also a lot of work. I know Carrie appreciates you and all your help. Love ya!