Despite the Colts' failing attempt to progress further in the playoffs, I would still like to give a big SHOUT OUT to Peyton Manning. Thank you Peyton for donating tons of $$ to have your very own "Peyton Manning's Children's Hospital" (a St. Vincent Affiliate). For all of you mother's out there, there is a 24 hr hotline, 365 days a year that you can call and speak to a nurse. Write this down......317-338-KIDS. I've probably called this number 3 times over the past 8 months and have been nothing but impressed every time. Mind you, most of the time they tell me my child has a cold and to use saline solution and the bulb syringe to clear out his nasal passages, but the way they treat you on the phone is impeccable! You speak to a live relay person who transfers your child's symptoms to the actual on call nurse and within 10 minutes the nurse calls you directly. Gavin has been running a fever of about 101-102 for the past 2 days so I called this morning to see if there's something more I should be doing. As it turns out 102 is considered low grade for a baby. Who knew? He felt like he was burning up! They recommended Tylenol for fevers over 102 and you guessed it.....saline washes w/the bulb syringe. Every attempt at sucking all the snot out of his little nose is just heartbreaking. He screams and cries like I'm about to perform surgery.
The reason for this promo is because I have called my own pediatrician nurses line (also a St. Vincent affilite) and always seem to get the crabby nurse who is ticked that she is "on call" for the weekend. I kid you not, this lady is grumpy. She makes you feel crazy for worrying about the health of your child!
All that being said..... GO PEYTON!
Cade Continues
1 week ago
3 comments:
Ooh...thanks for the helpful info! That number could especially be helpful in the middle of the night. Sorry that your ped's nurse isn't chipper...no fun.
And YAY! I'm so happy for a way to keep in touch with you more often and to get to see regular updates of your absolutely adorable baby. He is one of the cutest I've ever seen.
p.s.-Owen is walking!
Love ya, Cuz
I hope Gavin feels better soon!
Thanks for that number! I am putting it in my phone!! I hear ya about crabby nurses, I called my doctor's office one time when Tyler was having a reaction to the immunization shot, and they said to call the immunization clinic which was closed that day. I called back and she said I would have to wait and then I just hung up. I was furious they didn't care to help. Luckily I did get a call back from the immunization clinic, but the next day.
Post a Comment