I'll try to do better, but I'm not making any promises. Here's a quick summary of the last half of the year.....
September: We made a trip back to Iowa to see family. Gavin got his first black eye! Our little neighbor boy accidentally threw a baseball bat and just happened to land on the bridge of Gavin's nose. Mia got her hand shut in the car door by Gavin! Scary, but nothing broken.
October: We visited a pumpkin patch and carved pumpkins. Mia had her first Halloween costume party at school and Gavin hit up the Children's Museum "lights on" Haunted house. We trick-or-treated with neighborhood friends!


November: This was a busy month for us....filled with lots of travel, food, injuries and business changes. We made another Iowa trip (just myself and the kiddos) for an early Thanksgiving, if you will. Actual Thanksgiving weekend was spent in Rochester with Donnie's side. Gavin also decided to break his first bone! He was running and literally fell on his foot the wrong way. I thought he just bruised it, based on the evidence, and sent him to school the next day. Mother-of-the-year, right here! He wore a boot for 3 weeks. It didn't slow him down too much. I had a professional change at work. For 9 years I worked at the same dental office. After having children I switched to 2 days in that office and 2 days in another office a little closer to home with a little more ideal hours. I was offered a full time position at the office closer to home and decided to take it. I was sad to leave my family of 9 years but felt that it was the right decision.
December: Another busy month filled with holiday fun. Gav had his Christmas program singing "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" while wearing pjs - CUTE! Mother nature was not our friend during our travels. What usually takes 6 hours to get to Iowa, took 9 hrs 15 minutes. Coming home we encountered the aftermath of "blizzard conditions" in central Indiana. Santa seemed to have found us in Eldon, IA this year. Gavin had a ball opening presents and Mia seemed to be more interested in the boxes. Iowa had lots of snow! Donnie and my brother-in-law spent hours helping the kids with a sled track. It was quite impressive! The day after Christmas I got hit with the respiratory flu, which quickly spread thru the whole family. We got the kids on Tamiflu right away which seemed to lessen the severity of it for them, while Donnie and I had to ride it out. We were wiped out for days and spent New Year's eve going to bed at 9:00 p.m.! At that point, we were all ready to end 2012.
More to come for 2013.......
You might be a redneck if your sledding hill is the top step of your deck.....just sayin'!





No comments:
Post a Comment