July flew by in a blink! It's hard to believe the school buses are back in action and Fall will be here before we know it. We had a VERY busy July - something planned almost every weekend. Here's the recap:
-Mia and I met my family in Arizona over the 4th of July. It was her first plane ride and she did awesome! I was fortunate enough to sit next to the sweetest women on the plane. They had grandchildren of their own, so let's just say they were "all about the baby".
Me, my sis, mom, Mia and Haley
-My nephew and niece celebrated their birthdays! Caleb turned 6 and Aubrey turned 3! I can't believe Caleb is starting kindergarten this year!! Prior to cake and ice cream Gavin fell (AGAIN) face first and pushed his front tooth back. Initially I thought the tooth had been knocked very loose so I was somewhat relieved to know that it was still present. Keep in mind that this was the "good tooth". His other one had been chipped a month or 2 prior. His front teeth have since started to darken. Worst case scenario - pulpotomies a.k.a root canals.
Happy birthday Aubs and Caleb!
-Donnie's step sister got married! Justin and Alonda celebrated their special day with an outdoor wedding. It was pretty hot and steamy, but a beautiful day. Congrats to them!!
Swimming at Grandma and Grandpa's before the wedding.
-I went to Chicago for my first overnighter without my baby girl! Our office went for a continuing education course. It was hard to leave my family, but we had a great time. This is my friend (and co-worker), Jenni at Rosebud on Rush. A lovely little Italian restaurant downtown Chicago!
-Gavin is learning to write his letters. He has known his letters for quite a while, but honestly can't sit still long enough to care about writing them. Lately, however, he is excited about trying to create the letter he wants to create. I love it!
-Mia is starting to laugh. She is also still rolling (occasionally) from her belly to her back. She has not yet figured out how to roll from back to belly.


3 comments:
So darn cute- both of them...fat lip and all! Poor guy......good thing his mama knows all about teeth! :)
Oh they are growing up so fast! I miss you guys. It is so pathetic that we live so close and yet I have not met Mia :( I am glad you are doing well and I feel for you with Gavin. Rachel has had more falls than Levi, but their scar count is Levi:3 Rachel:1 so I know how tough seeing them get hurt can be.
-Ashley
Post a Comment