We have been so blessed to have family around for this baby. My sister and her family came into town (along with grandma great) for the birth and stayed with Gavin. My parents then stayed the first week once we got home. Donnie went back to work this past Monday and I have been extremely blessed to have my Aunt Billye Jo here with me this week. My cousin Katie even made the trip with her oldest, Tali, to take some newborn photos of Mia. It has been so nice having the company!
We had lots of visitors in the hospital including Aunt Stacey and Grandma and Grandpa Rogers. It is nice that they are close enough to drive down for the day.
We delivered at Community North hospital and had a great experience there. Little Miss had a pretty easy delivery. My epidural was lopsided so I had feeling on the right side. That wasn't fun, but it did make it easier when it came time to pushing. She was out in one contraction! She had a set of lungs on her right from the start. She sounded more like a squawking baby dinosaur than she did a baby! We joked that she got kicked out of the nursery on her 2nd night in the hospital! They brought her to me in the middle of the night and said, "if she is going to stay in the nursery she is going to need a pacifier.....she is inconsolable." I didn't give her a pacifier that night but it didn't take long before I realized this baby just wanted to suck. Since I'm nursing her, the lactation ladies scare you into thinking that a pacifier may cause "nipple confusion" for the infant. That may be true for some babies, but it hasn't ever seemed to affect my children.
So far (knock on wood), she has been a great baby. Her cry is not as ear piercing as it was those first few days. She hates getting her diaper changed, but overall is pretty even tempered.
We feel extremely blessed to have 2 very healthy children. God is so good!

6 comments:
Congratulations!!! She is adorable! I'm glad you're all adjusting well. Evy also got kicked out of the nursery her 2nd night and they said the same thing about the pacifier. So funny that the same thing happened to you. Take care and get plenty of rest (Ha!)
Congrats - she sounds & looks perfect! Just beautiful!
Congratulation on your beautiful daughter! I absolutely LOVE her name too!! I hope you enjoy this time with her and that you are able to get some rest while you have family helping!!! What a beautiful family you have!
Lisette
She is so beautiful! Congratulations to your family!!
Congrats Meg! I am so happy for you guys! Gavin isn't the baby anymore. Mia is just BEAUTIFUL! Love you!
She is absolutely beautiful! I must get down and see her before she outgrows her gifts!
Post a Comment