Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Party #2

We had Gavin's 2nd early birthday party with friends this past weekend. It was very low key with his cousins Piper and Chase in attendance and our neighbor kids Drew, Nick and baby Kyle. I'm convinced that as long as there is cake, the kids are happy. :)

We had cake and ice cream, opened presents then headed up to Recreation Unlimited for some play time. I know Gavin slept good Saturday night, not sure about any of the other kids!


I was off work last week and was able to help out my cousin Carrie with babysitting while her normal babysitter was on vacation. I kept Gavin home from school on Friday so he could play with Piper. They had a blast playing dress up! Gavin was very much into the Hannah Montana sequined dress, while Piper was sporting her kitty cat attire. The best part of this was that I had nothing to do with it. Gavin kept running around saying, "I'm a rock star!" I'm sure his daddy would be so proud!!



One thing Gav and I like to do as a "special treat" is head up to our local Big Apple Bagels for some coffee and muffins. The coffee is for me of course, while Gavin has his specific "mini muffins" that he likes to order. "2 blueberry and 1 chocolate" He eats every last crumb! I often cringe at the chocolate order first thing in the morning, but what is more "special" than a little cocoa to start your day!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love it - from the muffin order down to playing dress up, so fun! Did you make that fancy cake - very cool! Glad he enjoyed party #2! Hope you are feeling well - countdown is on!

Jenny said...

awe! Happy Birthday Gavin! And I love your muffin and coffee dates Meg! xoxo