Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July

We traveled to Iowa to spend the 4th with Family. Gavin had a ball with his cousins Samantha and Oliva. He basically referred to them as one person the entire weekend...."Where's SammiLivi?" "I go see SammiLivi!"
The kids in their festive hats!

He also experienced several "Firsts" this weekend. Gav got to see his first parade.

His first fireworks experience also took place only because Mom and Dad didn't want him to miss out on all the fun. We let the little man take a little snooze then woke him up for the main event. He actually loved them at first, but once Papa shot off a "Screamer" it was over. He didn't cry or cover his ears, he just kept saying, "Mommy, I go inside....I go to bed." When I took him inside he says to me, " I no like the lights mommy!" Poor little guy. Maybe next year?

Watching the fireworks show with Grandma Great

He also went fishing with Papa for the first time. Livi slipped and fell a little bit into the pond, Sammi caught a bass, and Gav had fun casting and reeling.

Last but not least...... drumroll please.......Gavin had his first weekend experience with Big Boy Undies! I decided to take the plunge while we were at my parents house this weekend. He had a few accidents but did great overall. He's been showing a lot of interest in the potty (especially if we let him run around the house naked from the waist down), so I just went with it. We debated whether or not to send him to school today in his new undies, but decided to just keep on rollin' with the punches :) I prayed a lot for the little guy and sent an extra pair of clothes. I had a noon update from the teacher saying he had stayed dry all morning. I asked her to put a diaper on him for his noon nap, just in case. He actually woke up dry and when I picked him up he had been accident free for the whole day!! I hope by posting this I don't jinx myself and he starts regressing. I'm expecting to have accidents, but hopefully this is a start of a diaper free process for us......at least during the day. :) Hooray for Gavin and Hooray for Big Boy Undies!! (They are the cutest little things, by the way).

One first for myself was I discovered this picture editing site that is free (unless you upgrade) called Picnik. This may be old news to some but I think its F-U-N, FUN!

1 comment:

Gary and Kristy Green said...

Way to go on the big boy undies - I'm going to need some tips soon with Brynn!!