Just a quick little family update:
Donnie has started a new job as of this past Monday. He was presented an opportunity that he felt he couldn't turn down, working at a company called Jobsite Supply in downtown Indianapolis. It is a construction type company dealing with the selling and renting of concrete forms, shoring, equipment rentals, etc. A family friend of ours is the owner of this business and has been talking with Donnie for the past 6 months about getting him on board. Donnie's position will eventually involve sales, but is starting out just learning the business. We've prayed a lot about this decision and feel that this is going to be a really good thing for our family. Although Donnie is sad about leaving the golf industry, he's really looking forward to more normalcy as far as working hours go. He has been home by 5:20 both yesterday and today. I don't know how to handle him being home in the evenings - HA! I'm super excited about his free weekends and holidays! He will always maintain his PGA card status as long as he keeps up with annual dues and coursework, so he still has golf as an alternative option. I told him he'll probably get to play more golf now that he's out of the profession. :)
Donnie has also been painting the trim on our house this week. Goodbye country blue, hello dover gray (that what Porter Paints calls it)!!
Gavin is still on the potty training bandwagon. After last weekend I was sure I was going to have to put diapers back on him and thought my last post did in fact jinx everything we were working towards - lol! You see, my poor son battles with large, hard BM's. I'm talking ridiculously large. So much so, that when he goes he usually is on the ground in child's pose (yoga move) working it out. Carrie, you can vouch for me....you've seen him in action. I know, too much info, but this sets the stage for my call to duty. It's basically not very fun for him to go #2. He eats lots of fruit and veggies, limited dairy, water, apple juice, etc. I've tried probiotics (which I'm going to try again). None of it really helps, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and gave him a stool softener (recommended by my pediatrician). I thought maybe if it was softer he wouldn't mind sitting in an upright position to go #2. We did the ss 2 days in a row. He went #2 at school in the potty on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday were not good days. He probably went #2 4-5 times in his pants on Saturday and once on Sunday. We were at my sister-in-law's this past weekend to make matters worse. I ended up putting a pull up on him after the 3rd poo in his undies! However, since Sunday afternoon he's been in underwear and is doing great. No accidents at school today so that was a relief. I was beginning to question whether he was really ready or not, but I'm concluding that the stool softener was the culprit. It probably came out so fast compared to what he is used to! Ok, too much poop talk. We are still doing a diaper/pull up at night and naps, but most naps he's waking up dry. I will keep you posted. (If anyone really cares.)
We also signed Gavin up for swim lessons. Carrie, we decided to do Monday nights at 6:30 at Stoney Creek Swim club in Noblesville. It was a little more than I wanted to pay, but its convenient and only 30 minutes. We start in August and I know there are still openings if you want to enroll Piper! I'm looking forward to that. He loves the water.
There isn't a whole lot new going on with myself. I'm bound and determined to stop biting my nails. Tomorrow is Day 1! Its such a disgusting habit!
Cade Continues
1 week ago
4 comments:
So if Donnie starts sales...will that mean you can relocate?:)
Great update...congrats Donnie! Sounds like a great job, especially the no weekends or holiday part.
And Meghan... loved the poop talk. So interesting. I wonder why our family has so many poop issues? Hmmmm....
And I love that you girls are doing swim lessons with the kids. We grew up doing that and I hope to do that with Isaac. Maybe one day we will be back in IN.
Love you!
So excited for Donnie and his new job! That is nice for him to be home more!! Good job Gavin for potty-training! Such a great relief to have them potty-trained. Thanks for the updates!
Good news, Meg. I love reading about the babes...and you girls who are pottytraining boys just make me laugh. I tell Katie that her kids are "Pooping Disabled".
Owey hates that function. I wonder how Bos will do? Love ya.
Aunt Billye
Post a Comment