Some 2 year old stats: (These may bore you....more for my memory down the road).
Height: 35"
Weight: 26 lbs. 9 oz.
He's in the 35th percentile for weight and 63rd percentile for height. I had a friend tell me that if you double your child's height at 2 yrs of age, that will determine how tall they will be as an adult. If that's the case, he's only looking at 5' 10". Not too tall.....like his Daddy. :) I wonder if that's true?
He is still working on getting all his teeth. The bottom canines are coming in as we speak. We still have the top canines and his 2 year molars. It will be nice when I can "rule out" teething as a source for his occasional crankiness.
Our little boy has had a rough bout with ear infections since January. At that time he was diagnosed with his first ear infection ever. I was really happy about that given that he went 18+ months of being healthy! However, since then, he has had 4 ear infections, and is sick again. I am trying a homeopathic medicine at the moment and will let you know if we get any results. Our pediatrician mentioned seeing an ENT if he gets another one. Pray for healthy ears! I really don't want to have to do tubes.
Aside from the illnesses, Gavin is mostly a pretty happy dude. He definitely is a BOY! He loves to tackle me while I'm folding clothes or body slam me while I'm trying to do crunches (which isn't often enough!). He would stay outside all day if we let him. We are working on "soft", "gentle" and "no hitting"! He loves to throw things, get filthy, and be in constant motion, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't have it any other way. This lil boy loves his momma! :) (And his Daddy, too, of course). Mothers of sons have told me that boys will always love their mommas....even when they are old and leave us! I hope this always rings true for my 2 year old.
On a quick side note....we had a visit from my sister and her family last weekend. We got together with all the Maynard cousins for a cookout. The weather was yucky but we had a great time. Gavin loved seeing everyone. He was talking about all the cousins for days!
Baby Chase
Samantha Joanne
Drew and Olivia
Miss Piper
4 comments:
So cute! I can't believe he is two years old as well! Time sure does fly. And yes, boys do always love their mommy's. It is great! I hope you had a wonderful mother's day! Your cake looked awesome Meg! Love ya!
Great post Meg! Good update on Gav-Man. :) And love all the photos. I hope your homeopathic remedy helps his ears! I will be praying for that.
Happy Birthday Gavin!!
Great pics and update Meg! I will be praying for Gavin. And Happy Birthday Gavin! You did great on the cake Meghan!
Love you, Jen
Post a Comment