Gavin and I spent Easter in the Chicagoland area. (Schaumburg) Poor Donnie had to work. We met up with my parents, grandparents and sister's family to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. Saturday evening we attended a mega-church in the South Barrington area called Willow Creek. Years ago my brother-in-law had attended that church while living in that area. It was like a college campus. They had tons of welcoming volunteers directing us where to take our kids, where to sit, etc. The kids area looked very fun! I was sure Gavin was going to have a great time. Their check-in system was very secure, providing us with an ID # they would flash on the screen if I was needed. Tears were shed at drop-off, but I was sure after a few minutes he'd be fine. I managed to hear the awesome worship music in the beginning before our number was flashed on the screen. Gav apparently just missed his momma and wasn't interested in the new, strange place. We spent the rest of the service walking up and down escalators and stairs, catching bits and pieces of the message on the tv screens that were posted everywhere.
The Girls and Gavin
On Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny found us at the hotel. The girls were a hoot searching for the eggs and Gavin really enjoyed himself this year. He especially enjoyed all the SUGAR!
We also recently had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Rogers. Gavin had a ball being the center of attention. We discovered that he really enjoys the breadsticks at Olive Garden. He's quite the little "dipper", like his mommy and daddy. He loves to dip anything and everything! Dipping the breadsticks in the marinara sauce was right up his alley.
"More Grandma!"
Rockin' mommy's Uggs.
Here are some more 23 month photos.
3 comments:
Great blog Meghan! Love all the pics.
What great pics - I can't believe how grown up Gavin is! Love the big boy bed and glad it's going well. Brynn is also a dipping machine - funny how much more fun it is for them to eat when they can dip it in something!
Yes, great post Meg!! That is too bad about the church experience but it sounds like a terrific weekend. Loved all the photos of the Durflinger cousins together. :) Good times!
Post a Comment