Gavin and I just got back from church this morning and I have to say it was amazing. Unfortunately, Donnie had to work today so I was on my own hurrying around trying to get us both out the door on time for the 11:00 service. They moved Gavin up to the next room......"Walkers to 2 yr olds". Of course, I was a little sad about it. :) He's been walking for a while now, but just seemed too little to move up with the "big kids". We were greeted by about 3 screaming children who were experiencing the all-to-familiar separation anxiety. Gavin actually has been better this past week. He never cries when we drop him off anywhere - its only when we or the caregiver at the time leaves the room! He didn't cry at all today in the nursery. There were so many new kids and things to explore and see. I know he had a lot of fun in his "new room".
The service was all about worship. In summary, worship is more than just a style of music or an act that we do at the beginning of a church service. Worship should be lifestyle. It should carry over outside of the sanctuary onto our daily lives. God created us to worship and everything we do should glorify him! It should be an action of gratefulness for everything he has done for us, not just what can we get out of the deal. I know so often I get so self-absorbed and forget the true meaning of our existence. I cannot control the economy or all the negative media attention, but I can control my attitude. I want to have an abundent mentality. One that says God has provided me with everything I need, which is more than enough. I want to serve others better and have a better attitude. I want to wake up everyday thanking God for all the gifts he has given me and put him first Monday -Saturday, not just on Sunday.
"Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing." (Romans 8:7)
"So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going to work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you." (Romans 12:1-2)
If any of you are interested in listening to Darryn (our Pastor) here is the media link: http://www.heartlandchurch.com/heartland-tv-v2.php Then click on the 3/22 Worship service to listen.
On a lighter note.....Spring is in the air! The grass is turning greener, the birds are chirping, and the trees are budding. Hooray! Gavin and I are going to the park once he wakes up from his nap. Here are some pics taken from this past month: http://picasaweb.google.com/megrogorama/Gavin10Months?authkey=Gv1sRgCLeMs9jdv8OfigE&feat=directlink
Cade Continues
1 week ago
5 comments:
Enjoyed reading about church. good sermon.
Oh dear, my word verification is lam but LOL
Great post Meg! It is good to be reminded of that!!!
See you soon! We will be rolling in Indiana on March 30th.
I enjoyed reading this so much. I like your challenge to us also. I will do this. It is neat to realize that worship is not meant to be contained only in the 4 walls of church but in our heart, in our mind and in everything we do. This is when we really reflect Him.
It makes me think of Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
Thanks again for the challenge Meg, I needed it.
Love ya!
Just the uplifting message I needed to read today! Thank you!
Thanks for sharing this, Meg. We sooo need God's help to keep that focus amidst daily life, amen?
Post a Comment