
Google also saved my life this week. Gavin and I ran up to Marsh to grab just a few groceries. I didn't even take my purse in, just my wallet. The Marsh by our house has these fancy carts which have little trays and cupholders in them. I placed my wallet on the tray and let Gavin play with it while we perused around the store. We were pretty much in and out. About 2 hours after we had gotten home from the store I heard a knock at my door. I almost didn't answer it because I assumed it was either Jehovah's witnesses or someone trying to sell us something. Good thing I did because the conversation went a little like this:
"Are you Meghan?" said the strangers.
"Yes," I answered with a very puzzled look on my face.
"Are you missing something?" as they hold up my wallet.
I say, "Oh my Gosh....where did you find that?"
They say, "In the cart at Marsh. We saw your license and looked up your address on google and got the directions on how to get here."
Are you kidding me!? How lucky was I? My whole life was in there and the sad part was I didn't even know I had lost it! I proceeded to thank them and would have offered them money if there would have been any in my wallet! :) Unfortunately they didn't accept debit cards. It just goes to show you that there are decent people still left in this world. Praise God for the internet!
7 comments:
This is just incredible about the wallet - most people would have just turned it into customer service.... kinda wierd they came over, but super nice too. i'm sure you were Soooooo grateful!!
BAHAHAHAH!!!!! I love that you almost didn't answer because it could have been a Jehovah's Witness... haha... soo funny, but soo true!
And I agree... slightly creepy that they googled you and a found you, but hey, all's well that end's well. ;)
That is beyond amazing. Thank heavens honest people found the wallet!! I left mine on the counter once at Walmart, and later in the day noticed it was missing. I ran out to the store and the cashier had it at the register. Again, thank God for honest individuals in 2009!!
Red was literally freaking out with me. Yeah, technology is now the prevailing resource! Love ya.
Great post Meghan. That is awesome you reconnected with your pen pal. And the wallet thing is unbelievable. That's pretty cool such a nice person happened to find it. I would have just taken your credit card to The Sportsman's Warehouse! And sold your license online for a handsome profit. LOL.
That is great about your wallet! I would say that is strange they took it to your house. I probably would have just taken it to customer service. I lose my mind all the time I one time left my cell phone in an aisle in Walmart and went searching for it. I also left my sunglasses at the checkout counter once. I guess once you have kids your brain just isn't what it used to be!!! See you soon, hopefully!
Wow... that is great you reconnected with your pen pal Meg. And praise the LORD that you received your wallet back. It is wild that someone can type in your name/address and find out, even see (google earth) exactly where you live. love you!
Neat story!
Post a Comment