We hosted Thanksgiving for the first time with the Iowa family this year. Our little ranch house housed 16 adults and 12 children under the age of 8 at one point during Thanksgiving weekend. We couldn't have asked for better weather! The kids were able to go outside and burn off some energy. It was really fun seeing all the cousins together. My 80 plus year old grandmother took charge in the kitchen and ran circles around us "youngsters". My mom, sister and I experienced our first Black Friday shopping extravaganza. We headed out at midnight and got home at 3 a.m.! Not sure if I will ever do it again, but the energy buzzing thru the crowds was fantastic! People were even doing cheers in line.
Updates on our 7 month old:
-She's army crawling and sitting up pretty much unsupported. She gets up on her knees then takes a nose dive, trying to crawl.-Donnie swears she said "da da" the other day. .....I actually heard her say it in the car, but didn't make a big deal about it. ;)
-She gags every time I give her green beans.
-Gavin refers to her as "Baby Sissy" or "Mia Magoo"
-She is just NOW sleeping all the way thru the night until about 5:30 a.m. - HOORAY.
- She is still hairless and toothless.
Updates on our 3.5 year old:
- Everything is a race and if he knows he can't win its a "tie"...."Then we both win, right mom?"-He still LOVES that darn blankie. It has to be wadded up in his mouth whenever he gets the chance. We are really trying to limit it as much as possible, as I'm seeing the effects its having on his teeth! What kid won't need braces, right?
- He prefers playing in the presence of others. "Mom, can you just come watch me play in my room?"
- This Christmas he asked Santa for Roller Skates and a remote control monster truck.
Some funny things he has said lately:
- "Then one Froggy Christmas eve, Santa came to say......" (singing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer)
- "Brrrrrrrrd" when he is cold.
- "Mom, you are really freakin' me out!"
- "Oh blankie I LOVE you SOOOOO much.....you are my Best Friend!" (as he shoves it into his mouth!
- I was listening to this Christian song by Selah and the words are "power in the blood...." and he was insistent that the words were "power in the mud". "No mom, its mud."
- He says to me quite often, "Mommy, please stop talking to me.....I don't really feel like talking right now." (At least he is polite about it.)
We waited in line for 2 hours to see Santa.....that's right, I said 2 hours. Gavin had a ball playing with the other kids in line. In our defense, neither Donnie nor I had our phones to check the time and there were no clocks anywhere in sight! We captured the moment, but seriously?

No comments:
Post a Comment