Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recap

Just wanted to recap (for the mental record) some events that have taken place around here lately.

Gavin's fat lip and chipped tooth!
Being in the tooth industry, you can imagine how devastated I was to see my lil' guy's tooth injury. :( Gav was running (as always) and slipped and fell face first into the step going from our garage to our house. There was blood everywhere due to the cut lip, but it wasn't until about 10 minutes post fall that I realized his tooth was chipped! (It's his front left tooth.) It was slightly loose, but has since tightened up. I'm praying the tooth doesn't die. If that were to happen, the tooth will turn very dark. Typically most kids don't loose those front baby teeth until they are around 5-7 yrs of age!

Gavin graduates to a Frog
Every year at Gavin's school they have a little end of school year celebration and a graduation for the kids going into kindergarten. Gavin will transition into the next classroom this coming week.....THE FROGS. He is very excited about this and I am praying the transition to a new teacher and some new friends will be an easy one. Gavin's class performed "Baby Bumblebee". I should have uploaded the video - hilarious! Gavin is the loudest and most animated kid up there. I was surprised because the opening act of the program, which involved all the kids in the school, did not go as well. Gavin spotted me first thing and ran off stage to me crying. He totally redeemed himself with "bringing home a baby bumblebee"! I was very proud of him.

I made a hair appointment!
I knew I was overdue when my son says to me, " Mommy, you have blonde hair like me......but yours has black inside." Not cool.

Mia is 6 weeks old today
She's smiling more and more every day. Its these smiles that make getting up in the middle of the night all worth it.

I've become obsessed with these ridiculous headbands!

I know she looks a little like the chiquita banana lady, but I'm in love with these crazy things. I think its so fun to slap a big flower on her head whenever we head out the door. :)

Grandma and Grandpa Rogers came to visit.
We had a great visit with G&G. Gavin didn't want them to leave and Mia got lots of cuddle time! He had fun showing off his golf and baseball skills and impressed them with his killer dance moves. Come back and see us soon!



3 comments:

Meagan Maynard said...

hahah... that's cute about your hair!!

Jenny said...

I love so much in your post! First of all, Congrats to Gavin! And I LOL when I read about the hair comment. Mia is so adorable Meg! AND I LOVE THE HEADBANDS. LOVE

Katie said...

Oh no! The tooth! So horrible...seeing blood gush out of your child is so freaky.

And miss Mia? Adorable as always. LOVE the headbands. :)