Monday, December 6, 2010

Baby Update

I've been seriously slacking at blogging lately! It just seems like the days and weeks are flying by and I am not sure where it is going? We had a great Thanksgiving, celebrating the holiday with both sets of families. Gavin was so excited to see all his cousins, and really does a great job traveling. Our typical tradition is to spend the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving night with Donnie's family, then we head to Iowa on Friday. Its awesome seeing both families, but this year it just seemed like we weren't in one place long enough to truly enjoy the long weekend. My sister-in-law made a great meal, and she and I ventured out at midnight for our first "Black Friday" experience. Never again we decided! Personally, I'd rather pay the extra $$ than to have to deal with the crowds. ......but that's just me!

I've been very much into the holiday spirit this year. I don't know whether its the pregnancy hormones or the fact that I pretty much have my Christmas shopping complete, but I'm really feeling blessed and excited this year.

One special blessing and update is that we had our 20 week ultrasound this morning. The baby was moving all around in there and the heartbeat was a strong 152. The ultrasound tech showed us 2 arms, 2 legs, 4 heart chambers, fingers/toes, ....you get the picture. The baby looked HEALTHY. That in itself is such a blessing from God. I couldn't even sleep last night because I was anticipating seeing that lil bambino on the screen. Donnie and I did decide to find out the sex, and it looks like Gavin is going to have a Baby SISTER! I still can't believe it. I secretly prayed that God with give us a daughter, but also knew how awesome it would have been for Gavin to have a brother. Obviously, I was ok with either as long as he/she was healthy, but I'd be lying if I didn't tell you I cried when she told me it was a girl! What an awesome and lucky experience to raise both a son and daughter. We are so excited. Here's a picture of her so far. I know I'm a little biased, but I think she's beautiful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous! I think she has the same little nose you had as a baby. :) Piper and I are SO THRILLED to be welcoming another female to the clan here in Indiana. And it will be really fun to see Donnie get all goofy over a baby girl. God is so Good!!!! (But the best part is the healthy part for sure.) So happy for you guys!

Jenny said...

Well, once again I cried when I read this. Love you and am so happy for you!! Can't wait to meet her!

Jami said...

Oh, I am so happy for you!!! How fun to have a little girl to dress!

Katie said...

Oh, Meg! She is beautiful!

Gary and Kristy Green said...

Beautiful - Congrats to you both! Gavin is going to be such a great big bro to that little lady! I'm so glad everything is going well for you!