Monday, August 9, 2010

Lowes


I may have shared this story with some of you verbally, but just wanted to log it down for my memory. As you all know, we are potty training around this house. He is still doing excellent in the potty with #1 and often goes without having to be asked, but still working on #2. He will do poo poo in the potty, but usually we have to be the ones to take him. Oh well. I'll take it. We are still putting a pull-up on him for naps, even though he wakes up dry more times than not. We are also still using a diaper for night time use. He has yet to wake up dry in the morning. When will that happen? All in all, I'm happy and glad to only be going through 2 diapers a day. It really helps out with the budget! :)

The funny potty story that I wanted to document happened a few weeks ago. I have mentioned to my friends that its nice having a boy, because often times when we are outside and its an "emergency" I'll just let him go by a tree or bush or something. The down side to that is that my 2 yr old is still learning what constitutes an "emergency".

Donnie took Gavin to Lowes with him to pick up a couple of plants that I wanted. They were outside in the garden section looking for my request. Donnie was asking one of the workers there for help with locating the item, when he looked over and saw our little man with his pants down to his ankles getting ready to fertilize the plants! I guess Donnie caught him before he actually started going, but the fact that he was basically exposed was enough make me thankful I wasn't there. Who's redneck boy is he anyway? The workers got a good laugh and Donnie found the rose bushes I wanted so I guess at the end of the day it was a success.

Do I regret ever letting him go outside? No, but maybe I should have stressed the "emergency" thing more and only doing it at HOME! :)

9 comments:

Angie said...

LOL! That is hilarious Meg!!! You gotta love it! They are so much fun and totally unpredictable!!

Anonymous said...

Love that photo of your little whizzer!!!! :)

Meghan Rogers said...

Thanks Carebear.....thanks for the "inside scoop on the Canon camera"...my camera does so much more than I ever new it could. I learned how to chose which color you want it to focus on....I'll have to look at yours to see if yours can do it the same way!

Meghan Rogers said...

I meant "knew" not "new"!!

Jess said...

I had such an experience with Boston in our backyard. He was following Charlie around "mimicking" him (peeing on the fence and the like) when all of a sudden he thought it OK to poop like charlie in the grass. Great times!

Meghan Rogers said...

Jess, that is hilarious! Gav has yet to poop in the yard. You definitely have one up on us there!! Oh the potty stories.....

Gary and Kristy Green said...

I love this story - gotta love that little guy!

Jami said...

A great story to document for sure!!!

Emily said...

That's a good one! He was following directions--peeing in the bushes is ok, right?!!?