There is nothing worse than a cold in the summer! Gavin and I have been passing around this silly cold for the past few weeks. Sunday he woke up and his eye was a little crusty and I just assumed it was from the cold. Once wiped clear, it seemed fine throughout the day. Yesterday, Donnie took him to daycare and I got a call mid-morning that she was concerned that Gavin's eye may be Pink Eye. Of course, this highly contagious bacterial infection would constitute me picking him up ASAP so as not to infect all the other little children! It's so hard for me to ever take a day off because my day depends upon other people's schedule. It affects others, not only myself! We got the scheduling kinks worked out, and I picked up my little man. His eye was indeed slightly watery, but not ooey gooey or PINK like one might think with pink eye. I actually was somewhat surprised that she had even called me to pick him up. I had to get confirmation that it was not pink eye from the pediatrician before I could take him back to daycare today. The Dr. said it "probably" was pink eye based upon the syptoms and she prescribed drops. This 3ml bottle of eyedrops for conjunctivitis cost me $50 out of pocket!! That is after insurance. I couldn't believe it. Donnie is home with him today and after 24 hours on the drops he can be released to go back to daycare. I am still surprised that what Gavin has is considered pink eye. Note to self: PINK eye is false advertisement!
I guess we should be considered lucky that this is his first major thing in the 15months that he has been in this world. I wouldn't even call it "major". Hopefully none of the other kids at daycare get it. I would just feel awful! Had I known that the eye doesn't need to be pink to be considered pink eye we would have never taken him there at all yesterday.
I wanted to post a picture of the tiny bottle of eyedrops but didn't have time. :)
Cade Continues
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment