Monday, June 22, 2009

June Fun


It's hard to believe that June is almost over! We have had a busy fun-filled month so far. Here are a few pics to recap the month:

This Suped Up Sprinkler System was given to Gavin on his 1st birthday. It's finally hot enough to use it. Water straight from the hose can be a little chilly! :)



I just had to capture our little man's curls. It's a bit mulletesque (business in the front, party in the back) but I just love the curls. I'm sure it won't be long before Donnie suggests cutting them!  Until then, bring on the humidity!

I turned 31 this past Saturday. The morning started off at the Fishers Farmer's Market where I purchased the best apples I have ever eaten! They seriously tasted like the green jolly ranchers! Then we hit a neighborhood garage sale on the way home. At 2:30 our friend Jenni offered to come and take Gavin out to her home in the country so Donnie and I could go on a "date". We had a great evening! We topped it off by staying out at Jenni's to partake in the campfire festivities. You just can't beat a Birthday S'More!

While away from us, Gavin got to see baby calves and horses. He bounced on a trampoline and played outside continuously. He was in heaven! When we got there, Donnie took him on a SLOW 4-wheeler ride. 






Lastly, I just had to post pics of my new baby. :) I am quite the novice gardener but I must say, I'm rather proud of this little thing. So far she's coming along just beautifully.  I may be singing a different tune when it becomes infested with bugs, but so far I'm going to bask in the glory that I'm actually growing things!!
This was right after planting in May.....

This is the most recent. Isn't she grande? :)




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you weren't kidding about those squash plants!!!!! WOW. Squash soup here we come.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Meg! I am so sorry we missed it! That calendar I have with everyone's b-day isn't hanging up. It's still no excuse! It looks like you had a great birthday! Your garden looks great! You are becoming very domesticated (sp?) See you soon!

rebeccavalentine said...

Happy Birthday, Meg! Cute pics of Gavin!

Jenny said...

Love the pics Meghan! Happy B-day! And I am loving your garden!

Jess said...

Wow, impressed with the garden! and Happy belated Birthday!!! Gavin's water park is awesome.

Kristy said...

Hope you had a great birthday Meghan! Gavin is such a cutie- love the curls! I'm jealous of your garden, it looks awesome! I may need some tips from you next year, I'd love to have one.