It is so hard to believe that 365 days ago I gave birth to this amazing little boy! This past year has been so awesome - we couldn't imagine our life without him. God has blessed us with a super easy and healthy baby (knock on wood). His favorite past time is eating, playing with his toys, and loves being outside. His favorite words are "Uh-Oh", "Da da" and "Ma Ma". Occasionally, we get a "woof woof" when asking him what the doggy says, but most often its a lot of baby babble that only he can understand. He is weighing it at 20lbs and 30 1/4 inches long. That puts him at like the 10-15th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Maybe that means he's going to be tall and skinny? :)
We had a great day today as a family. Donnie had the day off so we were able to serenade Gavin with a pathetic version of "Happy Birthday" first thing this morning. I then made him some Mickey Mouse pancakes (see pictures). The rest of the day consisted of Dr's appointments and a fun lunch out at Paradise Bakery and Cafe. We wanted to go to the park but it was way too windy! Our pediatrician gave him an A+, then we went to get labs drawn testing him for dairy allergies. They had to draw blood out of his poor little arm! The nurse basically made me pin him down - I think that scared him more than anything, but he did great. We will know the results by the end of this week. My gut tells me he's probably ok, but any prayers sent our way will help. Here are some birthday pictures from our day.
This past weekend we celebrated Gavin's birthday with a small group of family and friends. It was so great seeing everyone. Thanks so much for all the gifts and birthday love. I attempted to make Gavin a little small dairy-free cake while the rest of us ate store bought! He loved flinging the frosting all about and would have eaten most of the cake had I let him. Sadly, his momma doesn't know how to cook and the middle of the cake was GOO!! Jami Johnson....I bet you are getting a kick out of this! (She's practically a professional cake baker/decorator.) Oh well, he will never remember. :) Click here to check out the party pics!
Gavin gets to eat more cake this coming weekend when my parents, grandparents and sister's family all come out from Iowa. It should be lots of fun getting all the cousins and grand kids together again. Jenny and Brent.....you sure you aren't up for a road trip? :)
Happy Birthday Gavin.....we love you very much!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Gavin! LOVED the pics Meghan! And I am sure he loved your cake you made him. Love ya!
Happy Birthday Gavin! I can't believe he's one already! I agree - wish we were closer so we could get Gavin and Brynn together, it'd be so fun! Glad you enjoyed his birthday, sounds like he had a fun birthday weekend too!
Happy Birthday little man!
It seems just like yesterday when we visited you at home when Gavin was just born!
Post a Comment